I’m creating a mobile game, currently targeting Android only. I’m using the Unity 2020.2.1f1 version (tried using 2020.1.12f1) with the URP package version 10.2.2
The problem that I currently have is that I can’t make the bloom effect to work on Android build, using the post processing volume built-in with URP, I tested a bunch of things, including changing the graphics, quality and player settings, the render pipeline asset is all right and everything is working fine in the editor. But as soon as I test on my mobile device, there isn’t any bloom effect on screen. In the other hand, the tint property of the bloom effect works, leaving a little colored glow in all objects, I can use this as fallback if the effect itself don’t work.
My device supports OpenGLES3, so MAYBE the problem is not my device (there can be something about my device, but I don’t know).
I have some hypothesis:
- The HDR itself is not working in my game materials (for some sprites I have a custom emissive material with a HDR color);
- This is a bug with the unity itself;
- I didn’t configured the build correctly;
- My project is corrupted, but just affecting the graphics, maybe not;
So if someone knows the exactly requirements for the bloom (or the HDR itself) work correctly in the Android build, please let me know.
Just for technical details of my device for futher analysis, there’s some details from the app CPU-Z:
- Model: SM-JS60M
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Architecture: 4x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1.43 GHz
- Total RAM: 879 MB
- Internal Storage: 12.89 GB
- Android Version: 8.1.0
- API Level: 27
- JAVA VM: ART 2.1.0
- OpenGL ES: 3.1
- Root Access: No
Source: Android Questions